Sunday, August 8, 2010

That was it?

So yesterday morning a rep from the moving company came for our "presurvey." She was on time which was very refreshing. She was nice, polite, and very helpful. She went through all our bed rooms, closets (Eek, how embarrassing that was) and our cabinets and drawers, mentioned things that needed to be taken down or taken apart. She also gave us some info about the movers. She then followed my husband to our storage unit. She suggested to my husband that she put all his power tools into one of our tough boxes and put a lock on it. That sounds like a excellent idea, but I'm sure we will be held liable for that box since it will be previously packed. Unless I can have the movers pack it and I lock it up after? I don't know we'll see. I hope everything goes smooth. I read a post on the Military Spouse Message board that a woman has had her whole tv stolen. Are you kidding me? I have personally never had problems with the movers except when I was little my mother caught one of them going through her jewelry box. He was making sure she didn't have anything valuable he said. My last move they broke my beautiful Tiffany style Torchiere lamp. They left the glass on it and stuck it in the truck. That was stupid. Other than that nothing. I have always been nice to them and try to butter them up with drinks and snacks lol but I just want them to be happy.
Today my son went to his first birthday party. He had a blast. He is starting to be very social which is good. I guess those playgroups came in handy. He hit his first Pinata too. I told him to hit it and he looked at me like "What? Is this a trick" ha ha I've been having problems with him hitting so this was probably counterproductive. but after I did a swing with him he went to town and got a few hits in. After that he actually sat and ate and behaved. It was a miracle. I was very proud of him. Maybe one day it will click, "Hey if I behave and do what I'm told momma is happy. I can pretty much do what I want." ........ Nah!

No comments:

Post a Comment