Wednesday, August 4, 2010

STILL no movers

This new DPS website is really starting  to piss me off. This is why I hate everything become automated. Why can't we just have real people! So I filled out the paperwork for household goods on July 6th. It is now Aug 3rd and we haven't heard a word back. We got delayed a week because the site didn't tell us to turn in a hard copy into JPPSO.  When I check our status on the DPS website its says "Offer Accepted and Presurvey Pending." Umm ok what does that mean. My husband went into JPPSO today and asked what the hold up was and they said we needed to call a 1-800 number to see what was going on. The movers should have contacted us already. Something better happen soon. I requested the movers be here NEXT week. I don't want to get a phone the day before saying, "Hey, we're coming" I have things to plan. We are doing a partial dity move so I have some things to separate.  Why did we go automated my last move (was still active) walked into JPPSO, did the paperwork, and 3 days later was on the phone with the movers. Nothing about this PCS has given me more drama than this website. Actually this being my first move as a "spouse" and with a child has been a piece of cake. Maybe because I am so organized (ha ha) The hubby starts clearing on the 9th lets see how that goes. He took his TA-50 to the post cleaners today. They tag it and bag so it is a guarantee go at CIF. (Central Issuing Facility) They told him it would be ready on Friday.
Well on a happier not I had a Mom's Night In with my playgroup tonight and it was the most fun I have ever had. The group of women who were there were awesome. No drama what so ever. The hostess provided us with a 3 course Fondue dinner. Ahh it was Excellent. I was stuffed. We had excellent conversation. I mean I really enjoyed myself. Too bad I have to leave I will really miss these girls.
I have been working on my home inventory and I never realized how many tools my husband has. Geez he  can open his own garage. Half of my inventory is his tools. This inventory has been a lot of hard work but I know it will pay off. Just 2 weeks ago there was a fire in the apartment building across from us and 3 apartments lost everything. 4 apartments had smoke and water damage. That really hit home. It opened up my eyes and made me realize I have to have an inventory. When our insurance would ask what we lost I wouldn't know. A fire is so traumatic and I know I wouldn't remember things unless they were big like a sofa and bed. At least now my mind is at ease.
Made my appointments for eye doctor and my annual pap. I will run out of birth control during our move and don't feel like messing with it during our move so I did it now. I really want to make this move like a mini vacation. No worries.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right, investing time on the inventory! Especially, since you have experienced yourself how fast one can lose a home...through a fire!
    Might not even be your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you submitted the move in DPS, did you turn the 1299 and 1797 and your husband's orders into the JPPSO Office? We can't do anything with your submitted shipment without the documentation to back it up. Also, once it is in the system, you can always go back in to check on the status. You can go into your shipment and see who your carrier and packing agent is. You have to be proactive because if you wait for someone else to do it for you, you will be waiting forever. Admittedly, the system is far from perfect, but the SDDC folks are working on it and it will get better.

    ReplyDelete