Saturday, November 19, 2011

"D" day

"D" has come and gone and I am bored out of my mind! Ahhh! What do other deployed spouses do this whole year? Thankfully I found this page on facebook called, Fort Hood Wives with Events. The woman who runs this site is awesome. She pretty much finds out when any kind of event is going on in Hood, Killeen, Copperas Cove, and Harker Heights. Other "fans" of this page give her information as well. This has been my go to page to find things for me and my son to do. I went from being and outsider to being involved in everything.
My husband's deployment ceremony was ok; considering. We spent most of the day at his company just sitting around. They finally got to the gym and I just felt anxious. We were only there for a while and I wondered how much longer we were going to be there when I saw they had put the days itinerary on a projection screen. As I was reading the schedule a voice came over the loud speaker and announced that family time was over. It was time to load up. I felt like I had been robbed. I felt like I had wasted my time doing a bunch of other things. I freaked out and started crying. He was really leaving. I gave him the biggest hug ever and moved out of the way so the companies could form up. Now this sad event quickly angered me since me 3 year old decided he wanted to act like a nut. I never expect him to act any better than usual but I couldn't'even say goodbye in peace. Just like I couldn't mourn the lose of my grandmother because he was running around then acting like a nut. And he was doing the same thing again here. This time I just lost it and took him into the bathroom and spanked him telling him this isn't how we act. I feel like I didn't really get closure with my grandmother and I sure as hell wasn't about to miss my opportunity to tell my husband what could be our last goodbyes. It was NOT going to happen like that. Company by company the soldier went outside to load up the buses as hubby walked by I gave him another big hug. As we waited for the buses to leave 2 little girls stared  hysterically crying. Their mother was the one leaving. Her face was bright red and full of tears as she said bye to her girls. The girls tried to cling  on to her but she took off running to the bus, probably so the girls couldn't catch her. My son saw them and asked me (who was balling like a baby, thinking that could have been me if I had stayed in) why the girls were crying. I knelt down to tell them that their momma was going far away for a while just like our daddy was. After I said this I think the light bulb in my son's head went off because he started to cry too. "I missa  my daddy." he said. We hugged for a few minutes before the buses started to pull away. I picked him up and we waved to daddy as he pulled away. We cried some more and then we went back to our little empty house to start "our" year of deployment. "It's just you and me, X. Forever and ever." <3

No comments:

Post a Comment