Monday, November 21, 2011

Co-FRG Leader

Yup, that's right! Yours truly! About 2 weeks ago the FRG leader asked if I wanted to be her co and I jumped on the offer. Crazy? You say. Maybe. I have so been wanting to change frgs forever and here is my chance. I haven't made much of an impact yet because I really don't want to step on the leaders toes, but as we work together more I will put in a little more input. Many of the wives don't know me as the co FRG leader yet but I'm working on changing that. I am a little nervous about my mouth though. I kind of have ZERO patience and some of these women think the world revolves around them and they have the only husband who is deployed and they are the only ones with kids. PLEASE! We have decided to make the FRG a complete democracy. We posted on our facebook page that we would like to have our meetings the first Wednesday of every month. We gave the members the opportunity to vote on what time they would like to go. Many of the wives choose 10am. I figured this was so they could utilize child care. A couple choose 4pm. We commented that we would wait a few more days for people to vote but it looked like meeting time would be at 10. Well the 2 who wanted 4pm went nuts. They came up with reasons that made no sense. One woman said we should consider that this would be during the soldier evening hours and would be calling home. Really? You mean you husband only calls you at 10am the first Wednesday of every month? I am sure you can miss one day. Besides this woman works. Working would have been a better reason then hubby calling home. Tell him to call before. You are more then welcome to excuse yourself and talk to him. Geez some peoples kids. The other woman said it was ridiculous to have it early because people work. She doesn't. She also complained because she has small children. Ok? And no one else does. That's why the majority picked 10am so they could utilize the FREE 16 hours of child care. Oh well, you will NEVER please everybody and I am certainly not going to try either when it comes to majority rules. I just hope that we can all get together, form a bond, and be one big happy family. Ladies if you are one of 2 people who are rebelling and ALL the other women are cooperating maybe you should check yourself. Maybe YOU are being the difficult one.
I will keep everyone posted on what seems is going to be an interesting "stressful" time with the FRG. Hopefully once we get this armyfrg .org page up and going and get through these holidays everything will fall into place. I hope. :/

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the information you post on here, I believe its more personal and I LOVE that about blogs, you can write about your life and Also find that other women go through the same thing! I Enjoy keep the post coming! Im also your newest follower and you can follow back at: tristascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete