Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oh my achin' body...

Geez blogger is finally up and running. I haven't been able to get on all week.
Anywho, so the hubby's out playing army so I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to start p90x. The hubby and I had been discussing starting it before  but once I got all the equipment together I got no motivation from him. I decided to do it on my own. I am doing this for toning really. I'm not trying to get buff I just need to add some shape to my "twig" body. I have always been a skinny girl. My parents were both thin when they were younger so that's where I got that from. I was expecting to keep on the weight after I had a baby, like my mom did but that just didn't happen. When I joined the army I was 113 lbs. Ony 1lb above my minimum weight for being 5'8". After I graduated basic I was 145 lbs. I LOVED it. I was curvy. (hee hee) I was still pretty thin but I had a shape. I pretty much maintained that weight until I deployed a year later. I was 120 during most of the deployment and up until I was pregnant which was a year after I got back. After I had my son I made it a point to keep that weight on but being a new mom I just couldn't do it. I was too hungry and too sleepy to really care about anything else. Now, nearly  3 years later I am going to do something about it.

It's not all fun and games being skinny either. People always think I'm anorexic; then they see that I eat like a horse and then I become bulimic. Clothes are the worse. I am not a small or a size 2. I always think about how models are suppose to be 34-24-34 and are like 5'10". I am 5'8" and have larger measurements why do I look thinner than them?  Makes no sense.
So since the hubby is gone I decided that now is the time to do p90x. I am currently on day 6 and... omg. I started on Monday night after my son goes to sleep and Tuesday morning I couldn't move a muscle on my upper body and on Wednesday I couldn't move my whole body. This program is no joke. It's not necessarily hard it just uses all the muscles that I never use. As a runner, I have never really done upper body workouts. I started Monday at 117 lbs and as of Friday I am 119.2 lbs. I am really excited. 2 lbs in 5 days. Woohoo! I have been using a spreadsheet I found online and it has a calorie counter on it. According to that thing I should be taking in 2800 calories/day to reach my goal of 130 lbs. What?! I would have to eat all day to achieve that. I have been looking for a weight gainer to take to supplement some of those calories. I am taking a Whey protein supplement right now and that is helping. I'm really starting to get into this weight lifting process. Who knows, maybe I'll go a little further.

No comments:

Post a Comment