Friday, July 9, 2010

Working on planning my move

So I officially have 43 days left till we get the heck out of Colorado Springs. YAY! So I made myself a PCS packet I put a copy of the orders, pad with important dates, list of what I would like to take with us and a list of possible homes. I will add my home inventory once I get that done. I finished the house my I still have to inventory all of my husband's tools. Sigh, being married to a mechanic. I would like to make a "booklet" with picture and a description, serial #, model #, Where I bought it and if I have a receipt underneath. I would put this in our fire box. My pad of paper has the day we are leaving, a slot for when the movers are coming, that stuff. I also have a letter from the apt manager stating that I have submitted my 30 day notice. We have had problems in the past with other apartment managers so now we take precautions for everything.
A friend of mine recommended and excellent website that can help you find homes to buy, rent, or sell. It is specifically for military families.
Also if you go to the housing office website for your post they might have a list of available homes as well.  Also links to military friendly realtors, low income housing, and WIC/Head start. 

I am so not looking forward to this trip. We have to drive both vehicles and as usual I have to drive with my son. Have no idea how I am going to do it. I am also debating on what types of toys to take for him. He loves dinosaurs and cars so I will be taking those, but I would like to take one of his ride on cars. i don't know if we have room for it though. He will be staying with my parents until we find a house. My parents have a huge patio so he would have all the room in the world to ride. I'm just not trying to pack our vehicles. I feel very uncomfortable when those things stay outside in the parking lot while we are a sleep in the hotel. I'll just have to see. When the movers come to pick up our stuff I plan on doing a "dry run". We will pack our vehicles to see what doesn't fit. I don't plan on taking a lot just duffel bags full of clothes for the 3 of us. That will go in the truck. (My husbands truck is lowered on airbags so the bed has been cut so the frame sits on the floor) I my car I plan on having a gym bag with clothes/hygiene for our 2 day drive, 2 air mattresses, a few pots/pans, plastic dishes/utensils, some toys, my makeup (hee hee I'm kind of a fanatic) actually I guess that's about it. Oh and the firebox. I might have room. It's just those things are so bulky. I don't know I'll figure it out

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you really have all your ducks in a row, good for you! Can't wait to read more. Where are you PCSing to? Did you guys do your briefs already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are escaping Colorado Springs? Some days I wish we could, but then I go somewhere hot and am glad to get back "home". We are moving on post in the next week, from the Academy. Hope you have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete