Monday, March 15, 2010

My Life Story

So this is officially my first blog entry. Well  I was born and mostly raised in San Antonio, Texas and yes, this is where it all began I was an Army Brat. My dad was in the army and every time I saw him in his uniform I felt proud and I always told myself that's what I want to do too. I saw the life of balls, company parties, my dad pretty much did what he wanted. Little did I realize that my day was MEDCOM so he never would deploy not that it mattered because this was all pre- 9-11. He is now retired and is doing other things but I always knew this is what I would do. When I graduated high school I said this is it I'm off to join the Army. Little did I know (Again) that I couldn't join with braces. Finally (a year later) I enlisted and was on my marry little way to Ft. Lost in woods (Leonard Wood). I had an extended stay there due to an injury to my knee. I made it all the way but right before the final FTX (field training exercise) and I bruised the crap out of my knee cap and strained a ligament. After recovery I graduated a cycle later and went back home to Ft. Sam, where my dream all started. I have always had a hard time with school so it didn't surprise me when I had to get recycled because I failed the NREMT. It was rough. I was at school all day and when we finally got released, we got yelled at the rest of the night. During personal time I had to iron my uniform and shine my boots (Tells you when I was in) and by the time all the was done it was time for bed. I would try to study after bed check but while waiting for that to be over I would fall a sleep. So when I got recycled I made it a point to get tutoring and try to make the DS realize that I need to study. I passed and Whiskey school was a breeze. After AIT I went to Ft. Hood. I was in the aviation unit there. Did a lot of stupid things. Some I would take back. A few months later we crossed the pond to Iraq. Wasn't too bad. Did some stuff, saw some stuff, want to forget some stuff. You know... the usual. This is where I met my husband, while standing in a guard tower at 3am. What a story to tell the kids right? Came home, got married shortly later. While in Iraq I signed my dream list to get the hell out of aviation, so I got orders to Ft. Carson. (Hubby followed shorty later) Ft. Carson... Best home town in the army my ass. I was assigned to an MP/Infantry unit.This is where my career ended due to my pregnancy but my psycho b***h platoon sergeant was the icing on the cake. After she told me to have an abortion because I was having my son to spite I realized there is no way I can come back to working with this broad after my son is born. After I ran shit, got awards, taught her soldiers, did her work and let her take credit. I was done.  My husband is still there with a retarded ass support unit but we'll get into that later.  So I am now an Army wife taking care of my son and wondering what our next adventure will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment